Hey hipsters, guess what’s about to go down? Oh yeah, it’s time for your weekly dose of world happenings. Before you end your weekend, take a moment to reflect on the past 5 days with our Week In Review.
- Things got real ugly between Viacom and DirectTV when major networks like MTV, Comedy Central and Nickelodeon were dropped. The ongoing fee dispute doesn’t seem to be coming to an end anytime soon, with both sides stating that it’s more than just a money thing (isn’t it always though?). The best part of this fiasco is watching the millions of comments on the Facebook and Twitter. Our personal favorite: Actor and Writer Albert Brooks tweeted, “I hate that AMC is telling me to call Dish Network and complain. Hey AMC, I don’t ask you to help with my problems.” This was retweeted 245 times.
- Digg’s remaining assets were just sold to BetaWorks for close to nothing. The low investment probably had something to do with the challenges Digg v4 had been seeing since its launch. Hopefully we’ll see improvements as BetaWorks takes over.
- Facebook stalkers beware, changes are happening. This week Facebook announced it will begin to send engagement announcements from friends as “notifications.” This means, you will be able to know who’s seen each post when visiting a group. So we suggest you quit your stalking habits very quickly, unless you’re ready to reveal your addiction to the world.
- Take that Dish! AMC announced it will be streaming the “Breaking Bad” Season 5 premiere. Starting today, Dish subscribers can register to watch the premiere here. So fans rejoice, AMC’s got your back.
- In outrageous news, Daniel Tosh made an inappropriate joke this week and Twitter blew up. Although he’s made jokes like this in the past, we think it had something to do with the fact that it was targeted towards a female audience member…and well, it was pretty harsh.
- Lastly, this past week a beagle found out that he hates lemons but that didn’t stop him from trying to eat them, over and over again. We’ll leave you with this.
That’s all folks!